City v suburb for a luxury stay for work or play?
But there is a fast growing trend towards choosing the affluent and well located town of West Bridgford with its open green areas and its cafe culture, farmers markets, and friendly feel, just 2 miles out of Nottingham - a 20 minutes walk or 5 to 10 minutes on a frequent and efficient bus network depending on the traffic.
All of our Serviced Apartments are located within a 5 minute walk of Central Avenue which is where all the buzz happens in West Bridgford, so we think that you will love the area as much as our very happy guests, many of whom have arrived here after taking local advice on where they should stay when working in or visiting Nottingham for a short stay.
For a while now, I've been polling my guests as to why they have chosen to stay n West Bridgford above what is locally known as "town", and this is what they have come up with:
- The community atmosphere and the lively, friendly feel of the restaurants and cafes as well as shops in the tree lined Central Avenue
- The Farmers Market makes Central Avenue a wonderful place to go for a stroll then have breakfast with family or friends at the weekends
- The park & the field with children's playground, teenagers floodlit basketball/football pitch, well kept tennis courts
- Lots of fun family days out nearby
- On Central Avenue we have M&S for quality food, Carluccios, Pizza Express, Caffe Nero, Costa Coffee, Mud Crab, as well as many lovely independent shops & restaurants, making for a fun evening out as well as daytime chill out time
- The short walk to lots of beautiful River activities - walking, running, cycling, and rowing
- Holme Pierrrepont is a fabulous Watersports Centre for white water rafting, sailing, water skiing and other water sports, this a a short walk down the river or a 2 minute drive from Central Avenue
- The great tennis clubs, health clubs
- It is the home of Trent Bridge Cricket Club as well as Nottingham Forest Football Ground with Notts County sharing a ground with Nottingham Rugby club just a stone's throw away
- Easy access to the University of Nottingham
- Easy access to Nottingham Trent University
- Easy access to Queens Medical Centre makes it a great place to stay for visiting medics
- Easy access to Nottingham Train Station, all the buses go straight past the station. Frequent trains taking you south to London, Leicester, Loughborough or head north to Leeds or Sheffield.
- Many families enjoy the host of fun which can be found in activities and clubs for pre school children
- West Bridgford is served by fabulous Schools both primary and secondary
- West Bridgford has a host of places of faith in all denominations