At Nook & Cranny Nottingham we like to take care of the details so that you can take care of settling the family in. We find that the important part of relocating a person is helping their family to settle in happily at the other end - I have seen too many businesses over the years spend a lot of money relocating a high flying exec into a new role only to find that they "go back home" within a few months because their family is not happy or settled and that is a huge (and needless) waste of resource in my book.
We usually put a family into a short term serviced apartment which is fully furnished and the wifi is fast and immediately active (all important for the children and adults alike). They especially seem to love the Nespresso machine and the little touches like local SIM cards which we can provide. Fully furnished to a luxury level where they need nothing but a toothbrush each and some help to get them settled in with a recommendation for a great fish and chip shop, hair salon or nail bar - these are the things which matter. Over the years we have experience of moving numerous director level execs and Doctors into Nottingham to work for
- Rolls Royce
- British Gypsum
- Loughborough University
- Nottingham University
- Queens Medical Centre
- Carluccio's restaurant setup team
It's a simple process but there is an order to it:
- Find the right school for the children, using local help and knowledge and attention to the children's particular needs.
- Find a house in the right catchment area for the school, using local info and knowhow.
- Find community sports clubs, societies and a Church, Synagogue, Temple or Mosque which suit your whole family's needs.
- Introduce the family into the community by giving them links to the people, clubs and interests that they already have so that they realise that they can still carry on with their interests and start to feel part of the community. Having been doing this for 15 years and being deeply rooted into the community ourselves we are very able to do this for our guests if they would like us to - and this is the bit that we really enjoy because it makes a huge difference to people's lives.
- Enjoy bumping into them on West Bridgford Central Avenue every now and then as they thrive in their new location.
I will blog further on some of the more detailed parts of relocating people but in the mean time do feel free to comment or ask questions - I will happily respond and help you out with any specific situations.