Our experience at Nook & Cranny is that people who come for short stays, as well as people relocating to Nottingham, find themselves drawn to West Bridgford as the more cosmopolitan and affluent alternative to many of Nottingham and Loughborough's other suburbs.
In West Bridgford, and within a 5 minute walk from most of our flats, you can find yourself with a choice of high quality national chain restaurants like Côte and Carluccio's as well as some of our home spun independent smorgasbord of international flavours, from Escabeche for Spanish tapas, Yamaha for Oriental tapas, Cured for "coffee, charcuterie and craft beers", Mud Crab for a great atmosphere and the "second best burger" in the world, Copper for a great piece of homemade cake and – not to miss out – good old Pizza Express and a plethora of other coffee places and eateries too many to mention. If you are looking to cook at home instead there's always M&S or Cook who will help you with that.
So why would anyone not wish to venture the 5 minute drive (and there are frequent buses too, or a 20-25 minute walk mostly by the canal) from the city centre to get away from the hustle and bustle and noise, and a life that's just a little bit too reminiscent of my student life? I know where I'd rather be and I know where a lot of our guests start off. It's lovely for the first few days but after that... suburban sophistication calls!
- Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, home to the most exciting Ashes game this season
- Nottingham Ice Arena, now the National Ice Centre where Torvill and Dean sharpened their skates
- The National Water Sports Centre at Holme Pierrepont
- Nottingham Forest Football Club
- Notts County Football Club
- Nottingham Tennis Centre home to the Aegon Open, our first ATP World Tour Title
- And our Gold Medallists including Rebecca Adlington, Etienne Stott MBE, Tim Baillie MBE, Richard Whitehead MBE and Champion boxer Carl Froch – and let's not forget local legend Stuart Broad
So, you can see why why think we've had rather a good day, and we haven't even mentioned Robin Hood!